Today we’ve been inspired by Michael Morpurgo and Quentin Blake’s classic Christmas story On Angel Wings.
Follow the steps below to make your own angel decoration for your Christmas tree:
1. Start with an A4 sheet of paper. Fold roughly 1 inch of paper up from the bottom. Flip the paper over and fold about 1 inch again, making sure the edges line up at the bottom. Repeat these steps until there is no more paper left to fold
2. Repeat these steps with another A4 sheet so you are left with two folded up sheets of A4
3. Taking one of the folded up sheets and cut a curve along one short edge so as to round off the corners. Then cut some little triangles along one of the long edges.
4. Now put that aside and take up the other folded sheet of A4 paper. Fold it in half and then cut so that you have two equal sized folded pieces of paper
5. Repeat step 3 with the two smaller folded pieces of paper so you round off one small edge and cut triangles along one long edge
6. Using sticky tape, arrange the sheets of folded paper together like the photo below and stick together
7. Fold down the two shorter pieces of folded paper and using double sided sticky tape or glue adhere the bottom edge to the edges of the larger piece of folded paper. Fan out so it looks like a dress and wings
8. Cut out a circle, stick on a bow and using glue or double sided sticky tape attach onto the front of your angel along with a string loop at the back
9. Decorate the angel however you wish and hang onto your tree!